Michelle Yeager-Thornton is the co-founder and COO of The Champion Companies. She manages the day-to-day operations of the business, and is the driving force behind the strategy and execution within the company.
The Champion Companies hosts a real estate portfolio of over 5,000 units and $750 million in assets. It’s been growing since it was founded in 2010 and doesn’t seem to be slowing down.
In this episode, we covered:
- What steps Michelle took from the beginning to take The Champion Companies to a top multifamily company
- Why charity is so important to Michelle and her company, and how it changes a company’s culture for the better
- How The Champion Companies was able to get even residents involved with charity and brought the community together
- How to build a great work environment by starting with the hiring process
- Why values can be more important than experience when hiring employees
- How Michelle realized that work and family aren’t completely separate parts of life, and that work-life balance is a myth
Connect with Michelle Yeager-Thornton on Linkedin
Co-Founder and COO of The Champion Companies
Champion Cares Foundation